Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Cats, Cocks & Contests

An Omnibus Blogpost

Ever been a chaperone for a cat?

Betsy Cat has developed some quirks in her advancing years. Rather than drink out of the water bowl, she seems to prefer lapping the water off the floor of the shower once I've finished.

One of her less endearing quirks is to pee on the bathroom fuzzy rug after she gets finished drinking. She's deaf as a post, and has her share of 'senior moments', so before she starts to squat, I have to shoo her out and make sure she heads to the litterbox.

So, most mornings find me damp & towel-wrapped, waiting for the cat to drink her fill. At least she's not drinking out of the toilet...

***********

I had another rooster incident today. I was hanging out at Cigar Towne, watching Seattle beat the Saints, when a wandering bantam rooster poked its head in the doorway. The assembled crowd tried to deduce where it might have come from, but it's a mystery. There's no homes within a couple of blocks, just hotels, offices and retail shops.

I went outside and scooped it up. It seemed quite well-behaved, and not at all scared of being held. I put it up on the patio table so it wouldn't get trod upon, whereupon it started crowing. That kinda clashed with the football game, so it got placed back on the sidewalk to continue doing chicken things.

I left at halftime, and the rooster was nowhere to be seen. With a BBQ restaurant and an Italian eatery in the same center, it doesn't bode well for the little guy. Hope he made it back to the hen coop!

***********

We have a winner in the caption contest!

I was beginning to wonder if I'd get a good giggle out of the submissions, and Graumagus had just the right mix of snark and tastelessness. ConnYank was a close second, though!

Congrats, Grau! Drop me an email with your meatspace address, and I'll get your shiny trinket sent off in the mail!