Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Time Marches On...

"JAAAAANNNE!! GET ME OFF THIS CRAZY THING!!!"

OK, I'm ready to slow things down a bit. I'm getting old too #$%&*!ng fast!

My nephew Sammy "graduated" from kindergarten yesterday. (I'd turn this into a bitch session about the idiocy of labeling the transition from K to 1st, or middle school to high school as a 'graduation', but that's not the point of this post)

My next door neighbor's youngest child just graduated from high school. They had the whole clan over for a party. All the kids I've known since they were in diapers (save the youngest) are married with kids.

I got a Facebook friend request from a young girl I knew in college. Her kid just turned 17.

In short, I'm getting way too old, way too quick, and increasingly I feel that I'm just marching in place as the world passes me by.

Sorry, just a bit of angst bubbling to the surface.

This calls for some scotch and a vintage cigar. Both will be very old. Just like me...