Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Take *That*, You Awful Japanese People!!!

Oddities From Sweat City

Saw this billboard at I-10 & Shepherd Dr:


I'm assuming this refers to the Japanese government officially apologizing for the WWII practice of turning the entire Korean peninsula into their R&R fuckhouse.

Aside from the questionable grammar, the odd location and the cryptic message make me wonder if this was the best use of their marketing budget. You'd think they'd post it across from the Japanese Consulate.

You have to really squint to see it, but the billboard was paid for by the local Korean press association.


We've got a booming Korean community over here in Spring Branch area. On the plus side, there's an increase in available bulgogi and bibimbap eateries. However, there's a plethora of storefronts whose signage is only posted in Korean, which (to me, anyway) carries the implied message of "Fuck off, gringo!".

Hey, you don't want my dollars, don't tell me what's inside. Your loss...

Anyway, just thought I'd point out the sign.