Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, October 08, 2012

Ostrich Weekend

Grump, Grump, Grump...

Well, any more weekends like the past one, and I'll have to start sending dues to the Professional Hermit Association.

I got up on Friday, went to an event for The Man in the morning, and completely fell into a funk before it was over.  Sat outside the facility for an hour after it was over, but couldn't manage to find the gumption to go into the office for the rest of the day.  So, I schlepped it to the house where I remained until this morning.   Good thing there's pizza delivery, or I'd have lived on tapwater and stale saltines...

I'm a little bit PO'ed at myself for doing it, but I was just feeling no desire to associate with anyone, so I stuck my head in the sand for 2.5 days.  Skipped out on my monthly Poker Night up at the Cisco Kid's, and blew off my usual Sunday NFL & Cigars over at Cigar Towne.

A good-sized chunk o' funk of it was being completely bummed out by Walrilla's passing last week.  I knew he was in poor health, but for Pete's sake he was only 47!  It's just monumentally unfair that so many douchebags survive and thrive into old age, and a hardworking family man like Donny gets called up to the Majors at so young an age.

Then, of course, I wondered how much was feeling bad about Donny, and how much was lamenting my own declining health and looming mortality.  I mean, given half a chance I'll throw a pity party as opposed to actually grieving someone else.

*Sigh*    I seem to be marginally better today.  I'm actually getting a few things done, including a blogpost, so that's something.

Hope your weekend was better than mine!