Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Random Chunks Of Reality

It's Only Tuesday...

Well, that weekend went quickly.

Even with three days off, it flew by at an alarming rate. I'm scared to take a week or two off, for fear I'll go to sleep on the first night, and wake up back in July of 2011.

I went back to the local cigar shop for the first time in a few weeks. I'd tapered off my usage of the stogies in reaction to a nasty chest cough/congestion debacle, and I'm sorely out of practice. My usual pair of double toros just about walloped my ass, and I think I may have to go back to a milder blend and work my way back up. I haven't had the cold sweats after a 2nd cigar since grade school...

Watched some interesting flix. Some better than others, for certain.

'Lawless' was a 1930's moonshine/bootlegger movie just about ruined by Tom Hardy's obtuse acting style and the usual crap acting by Shia Leboeuf. Guy Pearce is almost unrecognizable as a creepy FBI agent. Still, ya got straight-razor fu, Winchester 1897 fu, Tommy Gun fu, and a really nice nekkid redhead.

'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' was a frothy bit of fun starring just about every over-50 British actor in existence and a really nice nekkid Hindoo gal. Kinda made me want to take up residence in an old tumbledown Jaipur palace. The kid from 'Slumdog Millionaire' was good, but Maggie Smith steals the show.

'Brave' was not at all what I expected. A lot more bears, for one. Still, it was a fun romp, and reminded me that my friend Racy Coxx is NEVER to be given a longbow...

For you Western fans, rejoice that 'The Cheyenne Social Club' is now out on DVD. Yes, in case you've forgotten, those were indeed some bounteous mammaries behind a bit of gauze assaulting Jimmy Stewart. Welcome to "PG" rating circa 1969!

Went shopping over the weekend. I may post pics, I may hold off until after Xmas. This one's a doozy!