Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Weekend Writeup

Where's My $#(*%*@ Bottle Opener??

Well, Day Two of a three day weekend, and I'm still doing nothing productive.

There's still a chance for tomorrow, but I wouldn't bet on it...

OK, quick recap:

Wed. night had me coughing up a lung most of the night.  Took the day off of work Thursday to catch up on sleep, and while I'm doing somewhat better, I just can't seem to get that last little bit of crud out of my system.

I'm a bit concerned about a stuffed-up left ear.  It's going on several weeks now, and while I get the odd popping & partial drainage, it's not clearing up.  I need a Roto-Rooter.  Or a Ceti Alpha V eel...

Stopped by a Redbox for the 1st time in months.  Got a fistful of flicks, and thought I'd post some mini-reviews!


BattleShip: An extremely silly movie, and I mean that using the Python-esque meaning of silly.
That being said, the scene where all the old Navy codgers join the crew and get the Mighty Mo fired up and out to sea had me grinning.

The Avengers:  Saw this one in the theaters, and the rewatch was just as fun as the first time.  Even if you haven't kept up with all the component movies, it's worth your time.

Spiderman:  The series reboot with a new kid as the webslinger.  Just as whiny as the last kid in the role, and the monster is a CGI hot laboratory mess.   Avoid.

Prometheus:  WTF is up with this cinematic sludge?  Murky story, murky scenery, and just enough tentacles to remind you that it's a Ridley Scott film.  Can't recommend it.


And now, it's bedtime.  More later.