Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday: The New Monday

Every Time You Go A Week Without A Blogpost, An Angel Gets Its Wings!

Well, nothing like getting up at the crack of dawn to deliver some learnin' to those that neither want it, nor have the wherewithal to deliver a sufficient bribe to have me go elsewhere.

Not that I'd accept it.  Well, not less than 6 figures anyway.  You can probably convince me to be a whore but by God I'm not gonna be a cut-rate one...


This similarity  occurred to me as I stared at the toys in my neighbor's yard:

I'm sure I could work up the correlation between the desire to drive a tiny hamster-powered car and the need to stay in a cozy childlike state long into adulthood, but I'm just not going there.  Too depressing...


The heart doc put me back on an anticoagulant, more as a just-in-case as opposed to a pressing need for one.  If I can get my blood sugar and/or pressure back in line, then I can go off of it.  It's causing some issues.  For one, I'm not supposed to take NSAIDS or Ibuprofen while on it, nor aspirin either.

My regular doc didn't want me on acetaminophen, at least not too often.  Livers are apparently quite easy to eff up in a critical manner, so I'd been alternating painkillers as needed, using Tylenol one time on 4, the rest either naproxen sodium or ibuprofen.

Now, I'm kinda screwed, unless I want to go begging for some kind of narcotic-based painkiller, which I don't want to do.  You don't stay as big as I am without torn-up knees and ankles, so I'm not sure how long I'm just supposed to grit my teeth and deal.  There's always that case of Maker's Mark...

Wonder where I can get some Plutonian Nyborg??