Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Damned If You Do...

One More Notch On The Blood Pressure Cuff

I just love the illusion of choice that's made available at work...

We're going through the annual benefits "re-up", where we get told how much more we're gonna pay for an ever-declining amount of service.

Some things I really ought to look into further.  The Flex Spending account is something I can probably take advantage of, once I sit down and calculate how much all my meds have cost over the past year.

Others aren't worth my time & trouble.  Why is it that dental coverage is always either dirt-cheap and worthless, or kind of pricy and still pretty worthless??  You'd think with 22K employees we could get something that would cost about $20-30 a month, have a $500 co-pay and no annual cap.

I'm reminded of a friend of mine that had some serious bunghole difficulties. Somehow the muscles and ligaments that held the balloon-knot shut deteriorated, leaving him in quite the quandary.   The bunghole doc said "You've got a choice.  I can either tie it shut, and you can reach down there with your fingers and noodle the turds out, or I can leave it open, and you can wear a diaper for the rest of your life."

WTF kind of choice is that, I ask you??

In case you're wondering, he selected the "noodling" route, and we no longer shake hands...