Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Back To Work!!

Tuesday Already?

Two tiny days off and the universe just falls apart...

OK, maybe not the entire cosmos, just this little section of it.  I got enough emails stacked up in my Inbox to keep me busy until November.

I was feeling a little squirrely, so I took off last Friday and yesterday.  Friday got spent in deep hibernation, and if it wasn't for a complete lack of foodstuffs that forced me out to scavenge on Sunday, I might not have left the house until Monday.

All the things that needed to get done Friday got done Monday.  Oil change, pharmacy trip, various odds & ends...

I did make a run up to Tomball.  A buddy had endorsed Tomball Pawn & Jewelry as a prime source of retail boomsticks, so I made the 20 miles trek to see for myself.

Nice selection, but mostly new stock.  I was hoping for some bargain bin selections, particularly of the 12 gauge pump flavor.

I left with a bag full of ammo.  They had really good prices on .40 S&W and .32 ACP, so my stock increased by a couple hundred rounds.  I got 50 rounds of Black Hills .223, but the price was just fair on that.

My new obsession is a Colt Commander in .38 Super.  BBO (Back Before Obama) you could get a nice used .45 CC for 8-900 bux.  Now, it seems that $1500 is about par for even a hard-used Lightweight Commander.

Anyway, if y'all run across one in Texas that's in decent shape and hasn't been blinged out for use south of the border please drop me a line!!

Muchas Gracias!