Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, November 08, 2013

Poultry In Motion

Taking Free-Ranging A Bit Too Far...

I had an unexpected visitor in the back yard this morning.  On the way out to the truck I heard something scruffling around in the grass.  I turned, expecting to see one of the many wandering dogs or cats that run loose despite our leash laws, but saw instead a big ol' white chicken.

Once again, the hillbillies next door had let one of the critters get loose.  I wandered over and found the leader of the clan, and asked him to come get the bird.

"Well", sez he.  "I thought we had her locked up in the pigpen, but that damn bird's an escape artist!"

Pigpen?  Did he just say PIGPEN???

I'm a tolerant guy, but this is getting to be a bit much.  Chickens, goats, bunnies, I can deal with.

First time I catch some wandering swine, we're gonna have a pig roast...