Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, March 07, 2014

No News Is Good News

To Err Is Human, To Suck Royally Requires The Divine Right Of Kings

And, I mean that literally.   I have no good news.

I'd like to spew something other than hardship or woe, but it hasn't been in the cards this past few weeks.

Had a deposition with the Legal beagles yesterday.  I feel like one of Imhotep's victims from the Mummy movies, sucked dry after all useful knowledge has been extracted.

Adding insult to injury, the complaint leading up to the deposition was entirely the fault of a boneheaded decision by some mid-level bureaucrat over in the Blah-Blah-Blah department of The Man's Realm.

Ah, who am I kidding.  We're all mid-level bureaucrats...


After fighting with the staff of my PCP and Cardio doc and my local CVS pharmacy for the past two years, I finally had the renewal schedule hammered out to have sufficient refills staggered in such a way that I could spread them over both paychecks and not get hammered with co-pays.

Today, we get notice that next year's health plan drops CVS as a vendor.

Excuse me while I drain my high blood pressure pill bottle...