Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, February 07, 2005

El Capitan Can Write Haiku!!!

Hahahahaaa!! Remember the KISS haiku contest at Annika's Journal?

Preliminary judging is in, and out of the top ten slots, I placed two of my haikus!!!

I'm just so pleased I'm gonna go pinch my nipples! OK, not really. Quit retching, dammit!

I am kinda tickled, though. I don't think I spent more than 10 or 15 minutes on the haikus. I threatened to do KISS sonnets next. Maybe some KISS in the form of Walt Whitman...

"Oh Simmons, My demon, Your tongue is mighty long!
You spit blood upon the stage, and growl upon ev'ry song!
The groupies squeal, the guitars wail, the crowd screams out your name,
While Ace and Peter and Paul and thou strive for immortal fame,
So let's Rock! Rock! Rock!
O'er the bleeding drops of red,
Up on the stage you cause the sound
To pound within my head!"

Something like that, anyway!

Go check it out! Leave a comment! Bribe the judge! Threaten to play "Lick It Up!" 24/7 until I win!

UPDATE:
Alas, I did not win. The prize went to another haiku-scribbler named Cameron for his worthy entry.
It was fun, and my little Whitman-esque ode to KISS has inspired me... Now I must pen different versions of KISS verse according to the styles of most of the major American poets. I'll warn you ahead of time, the Longfellow-inspired "Song of Casablanca" might run on for a while... And it'll take a real KISS fan to know what that title refers to!