Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Camera Shopping

It looks like I won't manage a digital camera purchase before this weekend's trip. I usually borrow Mom's Minolta S414, but she's already laid claim to it this weekend. Apparently taking pictures of my 8-months-pregnant sister's bulging belly has precedence over the Texas Blogfest...

I've been shopping on the usual channels for a good all-around camera, but I'm torn between portability and functionality. My buddy Little Bee Boy has the Canon Digital Elph, and it seems to take OK pictures. I'd like a bit more optical zoom, though. Mom's does all right, but it has some issues I don't care for. I like the looks and features of this one, but it'd would be a PITA to carry around. This one might be good, but I don't know anyone who has one to ask about it. Hmmm.

Anyone got ideas for a decent 4.0 megapixel camera with decent zoom-age for under $300? This weekend looks destined to involve a cheapie disposable.