Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, March 18, 2005

Overachieving Again

I'm packed and almost ready to leave Houston for the 2005 Texas Blogfest. Assorted errands and preparations last night kept me up until 1:30, then up at 6:15 to load car, lay out 2 days of kitty provisions and everything else you need to do to be gone for 3 days. I'm doing too damned many things today. I ought to cancel the Dr.'s appt. I have this morning, or the trip over to Fort Worth to see Rockhauler in favor of getting a few hours more sleep. Ghod knows I'll be up until 2 or 3 today after a 4.5 hour drive and jaunting all over the Metroplex, then repeat the sleep deprivation all through the weekend. I'm surprised I don't nod off at the wheel.

No, I'll do what I always do, try to cram too much in 'cause I hate telling people "no", and just go into zombie mode during the day. I swear I almost faded off into sleep the other day in my boss's office. It almost makes you want to get on the Elvis wagon of uppers & downers to keep you awake in the day and asleep at night. I have no wish to die while squatting on the can, though.

OK, I'm rambling, and I need to get the car loaded. See all y'all up at Humperdinck's in Addison tonight. I'll be the sleepy guy with the "El Capitan" hat on.