Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Wallowing In My Misery

As I understand it, the soreness caused after extended use of your muscles is a result of the buildup of lactic acid. In my case, after yesterday's romp on the stairs, I must have sufficent lactic acid in my legs to curdle an Olympic-size swimming pool full of milk.

It's the little things that cause excruciating pain that annoys me the most. That last step up into the commuter bus. Getting up off the can. Putting on your socks. Sure, I expect it to hurt when I'm walking around, but not bending over to pick up something!

Well, at least I got lucky parking the car at the commuter lot today. Somebody in the first row of cars departed early, leaving me a spot right up front, so I only had to hobble half the distance I normally do.

I learned from the receptionist that 8 people in our department are in the same state I'm in. Well, misery loves company!