Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, June 13, 2005

Monday Morning Misery

How Many Times Will I Swear Off Of Gin & Tonics?

I feel like such a boozer right now. No headache to speak of, fortunately, but the sour stomach and alky sweats are here in force. That'll teach me to polish off the bottle of tonic water (with just a *bit* of gin, natch!) for Sunday dinner.

I picked up a bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin Saturday afternoon for the family reunion. Since it was a family affair, I kept the gin light, probably no more than a finger's worth per drink, but I did have 6 or 7 over the course of the day.

On the way home from Wimberly yesterday, I dumped most of the leftover ice in the cooler on top of the gin bottle, and had the leftover tonic water in there as well. Once I got home, I just dragged all my assorted krep in the house, and forgot about it in pursuit of a nap.

When 8:30 rolled around, I went looking for some dinner before sitting down to watch The Shield, but I didn't have time to go out and get anything. Waitaminnit! There's a couple of those Reese's Giant Cups in the cooler! Perfect! Oh, and while were in the cooler, let's just make one more G&T! After all, the gin is nice & frosty, and the tonic water'll just go flat!

It was a gigantomous gin & tonic. 32 oz glass full of ice, and probably 4 fingers of gin topped with lime juice and tonic water. Deee-lish! Of course, when 10 pm rolled around, and it was time to get out of the recliner, the world did seem to be listing to starboard just a bit.

Now, a sane rational person who had to go to work the next day would have just gone to bed at that point. Unfortunately, I'm not a sane rational person, so I had another one. Best sleep I've had in weeks, but boy, am I ass-dragging today...

Next week... Margaritas!