Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Pennies From Helfman

Damn, Had The $$$ For The Reunion After All...

I finally got my license plates for the F150. Helfman Dodge was supposed to have sent me a postcard letting me know they had arrived at the dealership 2 weeks ago, but somehow that never happened.

Since my temporary tags were just about weathered away, I finally got on the horn to Helfman, and after a bit of phone tag, learned that I could come pick 'em up.

So, I get the plates and this envelope. It's got the receipt from TXDOT, an extra window sticker with an 11/06 expiry (Anyone got out of date tags?) and most puzzling, a check for $63.50 made out to me.

Now, call me crazy, but I always assumed that "plus TT&L" phrase you always hear on the adverts meant you had to pay Tax, Title, and License fees. I did that when I bought the truck. Now, according to the memo line on the check , it's a TT&L refund, so maybe I didn't have to pay the "&L" part of it.

Anyway, it's some needed money. After rent, insurance and the truck note, I'm completely tapped until next Friday's paycheck.