Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

"Once An Eagle, Always An Eagle"

Yet Another 20 Year Anniversary!

I was quite spiffed to see that today's Wikipedia entry was on a subject matter I'm somewhat familiar with, the Eagle Scout award!



Despite all my tales of juvenile chicanery, I really did have a foot planted on the straight & narrow path. Somehow I managed to earn the necessary merit badges and completed the service project, turning in all the necessary paperwork literally the night before my 18th birthday. And by night, I mean knocking on my Scoutmaster's door at 11:50 p.m.!!

I don't recommend my method to young scouts on the Eagle Trail, but if it's a choice between cramming everything into the last minute, and not doing it at all, well, youngster, get to cramming! The reward is well worth it!