Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, May 17, 2010

That Probably Voided The Warranty...

You Can't Make This Shit Up!

OMFG my sides hurt...

I don't think I've laughed this hard in ages!

I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop since Sunday morning. My parents flew out late Saturday night from Houston to San Juan, Puerto Rico. Almost the same time as they touched down Sunday a.m., Puerto Rico was hit by a 5.7 magnitude earthquake.

"Cap," sez I, "This cannot be a coincidence!" I mean, if you turn two "seasoned citizens" loose on the Caribbean to putter around via airplane, cruise ship, and probably a mule cart, between their collection of Senior Moments and the unmerciful hands of fate, something weird was bound to happen.

Today I received the following email upon arriving home:
We did not get on the cruise with all the necessary things to charge my telephone, then Mother baptised her phone in the blue water of the Carribbean. We will stay in touch via email.

We will check our emails each day.
Love DAD and Mother


I gotta go get something to sop up the Dr Pepper spew off the keyboard...