Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, May 31, 2013

Is This A Gun Blog? I Forget Sometimes...

Where El Capitan Expresses His Antisocial Hobby

Summer is almost here, and that means it's time to drop a wad of cash on another firearm, whether I need one or not!

As I repeat  ad nauseam, "Need's got nothing to do with it!"  At this point in life, I have the ability and the wherewithal to acquire boomsticks.  I may not later, so make hay while the sun shines!

These are all on sale at the local Gat Shack.  They all intrigue me to one degree or another...

(All pix will embiggenate if ya click on'em!)

First, the pistols:


This is an NAA .22 Magnum Pug.  It's what I went shopping for back in late March when I got sidetracked by the Ruger Bearcat Shopkeeper.

Not much to it.  About 1" of barrel and a smidgen of lockwork around an AA battery-sized cylinder with room for 5 .22 Mag shells.  Still, it hides in a shirt pocket and the flash & bang alone would be impressive.
Around $275.

Got no use for it at all.  Therefore, I must have it.  Unless I choose...



A Smith & Wesson Model 10-5.  The original point & click interface.  Nothing fancy about it.  Fixed sights, .38 SPL, but made with forged parts, a pinned barrel and recessed cylinder.  About 500 bux.
Again, don't need it, but I don't have one.

Then, there's this:



Big Bada-Boom!  I need another Ruger wheelgun like I need another bunghole...  Still, a .44 Magnum bunghole??  Ain't got one of those! About $475.

Stepping up into the realm of investment collecting, this would make a nice companion to the Mauser Broomhandle.




A circa 1915 DWM Parabellum, commonly known as a Luger, in 9mm.  This one would require some saving and layaway, but it's doable, should I live a month or two on ramen and peanut butter sammiches.

It's purely a shooter, with some mismatched grips & mag, and a refinish some years back.  Still, they ain't making any more of 'em, and the price will only go up.  Just under $1000.

Then, there's the rifles!!



Here's an odd bird.  A Madsen bolt action from Denmark, in the manly & effective caliber of .30-06.  One of the last, if not THE last full size bolt-action battle rifles, a few of these got sold to banana republics before everyone crated up their bolties and went the AK/FAL route.

In almost pristine condition, this one runs around $950.  It's a looker, but I've got no clue how they shoot.

Finally, a Rooski Carbinski.  A Mosin Nagant 91/30 retooled to carbine mode.  With that smidgen of barrel and the full size 7.62 x 54R round, the jet of flame out the muzzle will double its length!  A prime candidate for a brush beater/truck gun.  Less than $400.


And there it is, ladles and jellyspoons!  What's on your buying list??