Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Conundrums

AKA Shit I'd Rather Not Ruminate About Over The Weekend...

Item #1 - The Power of The Name

Fetish or Fixation?  OK, those of you with sisters and/or daughters might have an answer.  Remember when your female sibling had a crush on that guy in grade school, and she ended up defacing hundreds of pages of notebook paper scribbling "Mrs. Dreamy Dooshbag" over & over?  What was the end result supposed to be?

I have a similar occurrence happening over on Facebook.  The younger sister of an old friend "friended" me on FB, so now I see post after post of her professing her undying love to her current paramour.  The thing is, she *ALWAYS* uses the same version of the dude's name. In all caps, and the entire name.   F'rinstance - "I wuv you 4-3vr, LESTER WAYNE HAYSEED JR."  & "You are the tornado beneath my trailerpark, LESTER WAYNE HAYSEED JR"

This goes on for post after post.  I'd just delete her feed and be done with it, but every week or so he fucks up and she tears him a new one, which is always fun to watch.

Anyway, I was wondering about the significance of using the full name.  Just seemed odd, is all...


Item #2 - 24 Carrot Cake

I dearly love some carrot cake with sour cream icing, but I'm looking for an alternate recipe.  One that does *NOT* use shredded or grated carrot.  I don't care for the texture of carrot slivers in the cake.

What I'd prefer is a version closer to a pumpkin pie or sweet potato pie, where the carrots are cooked & pureed, but still have that sweet carrot flavor.

The richer & moister, the better.  No raisins, and all nuts also need to be relegated to the crust, preferably crushed.  Can anyone help??


Item #3 - Thinking about selling the .32 ACP Walther PPK. Stainless S&W model.   I'm not 100% decided, but if you've got a burning urge to get your Bond on, let me know what you'd offer.  I've got three mags, a Fobus kydex holster and about 1000 empty cases & a set of Lee factory loading dies.