Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, June 20, 2013

It's Like Living In A Bottle Of Hot Sauce

June = Serrano, July = Cayenne, August = Habanero

Getting hotter.  Nowhere near as bad as it's gonna get, though.

Walked out the other afternoon from work, it was right at 97 degrees.  That's just painful, I'm here to tell ya.

Add to it the mo-skeeters and the other bitey bugs, and it gets just about unpleasant.

Sigh.  Another summer of intravenous air conditioning.  If I could just get a cool breeze in the evening, I could still sit outside and unwind with a cigar.  Sweating & smoking isn't a fun mix, though.

Maybe I'll build a smoke shack in the back yard...  Get a cheap tool shed just big enough for a chair & ashtray, and a $100 110v AC unit, and a shitload of insulation.  Yeah, that might work...


Anybody ever have a pet rabbit?  I'm curious about the ratio of bunny kibble to hay to fresh veggies.  Cats are great, 'cause a big bag of premium dried food, a case of canned wet food and 20 lbs of litter got you through a month or so.  Bunnies are cute, but I don't want to have to go shopping more than once a week, if that.


Aaaaand...  Some random funny pix!