Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Judge Not!

Except At Annual Review Time...

Well, it's that time again.  Got the annual review from my boss.

No pay raise attached to the review, but there never is.  That's the down side for working for The Man.  Either everyone gets one, or no one does.

Fortunately, we do.  Supposed to be a 3% bump that hits in July.  Not a lot of money, but it beats a sharp stick in the eye.

As for the review, it was OK.  I got dinged for a couple of items.  I'm not the most punctual person in the world when I don't need to be, and now that I'm officed with the rest of the crew instead of by myself on a separate floor, it's been "officially noticed" that I come drag-assing in at 10:00 or later.

Look, I see it as a trade-off.  They want me to be able to be anywhere in The Man's far-flung realm for meetings/training/whatever, and I am.  15 minutes early.  1st, 2nd or 3rd shift, every got-damn time.  No exception.

So, on days where I'm doing nothing but shagging phone calls and answering emails?  I could give a damn what time I get in the door, 'cause I don't take a lunch, and don't leave until after 6 pm.

As I said, a trade-off.

It's also been "noticed" that I don't participate in the departmental reindeer games.  I've been avoiding the social whoop-tee-do committee and the community do-gooder committee and the happy fun-fun spirit committee.  Far be it from me to ever make a sexist comment, but if this was a department with 100% men, none of this silly shit would exist, and we could get some work done.

Anyway, got a 4.22 out of possible 5.0.   I can live with it...