Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, June 02, 2014

I Ain't Dead Yet, Nor Is The Truck

You Wouldn't Know It By Looking At Either...

Big fun in Swamp City...

Anyone know how long it generally takes to get an insurance adjuster to show up and verify that, yeah, that's a busted truck?

Going on 5 business days now since the rainy day Tilt-A-Whirl.  The repair shop and body shop are poised and ready to begin, but they won't say "Boo" until they get the go-ahead from the adjuster.

I don't know how much of a shoe pebble/squeaky wheel to be in this case.  After 10 years of flawless driving, I suddenly have urgent need of that whole Comp & Collision thing right as my policy is up for renewal, and I also don't want to joggle any elbows as they're cutting checks...

Dammit.  I fucking hate hate HATE being a pedestrian...

How about a bribe.  Do bribes work?