Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, May 02, 2014

Bits & Chunks

And They're All Nice & Juicy!

Here's a bunch of stuff that don't quite add up to a full blogpost on their own:

Passed a milestone of sorts on eBay, but I'm not sure that's a good thing.  Got awarded a "purple star" for achieving a score of 500 in positive feedback.

It's good in that I suppose it means I can be trusted to pay my bills, but DAMN!!  500 transactions on FleaBay??  My book collection is just out of control...   Member since 1999, so that breaks down to 33 a year or so.  Almost 3 orders a month?  Well, that ain't so bad, I suppose.  Let's just not add in the Amazon orders, too...


Movie recommendation:  'Odd Thomas' - Based on a book of the same name by Dean Koontz, it's about a kid that sees dead people.  Only then he doesn't whine about it to Bruce Willis, he hunts down the killers!   Odd, played by the same actor that was Pavel Chekov in the recent Star Trek reboot, is a likeable fry cook in a small California town with a smokin' hot girlfriend and a singular talent for attracting dead spirits.

The book is better, but they always are.  Still, the movie really captured the spirit of the book, and it's a fun way to spend an evening.  Should be in your local Redbox.



I've acquired a nice travel blanket via Woot.com to compensate for the meatlocker climate in my office/cubicle at work.  There's a vent right above me that spews out frozen air, and even this fat guy gets tired of goosebumps.

It's a down blanket, which gets you toasty warm really quick, but the slick nylon shell slides off you if you move around too much.  Also, until the seams tighten up through use, I end the day covered with tiny pinfeathers...