Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Ritualistic Self-Abuse

I was at an offsite meeting on my job last night, and was within a stone's throw of Central Market, the best grocery store in Houston. Naturally, I had to drop in to see what looked tasty. I got a big crusty loaf of bread, some butter, 1/2 pound of Lebanon bologna, and a couple of small cheese wedges. It was the makings of a good dinner, but I really needed something green. Since they were out of bullfrogs, I settled for some pre-cooked veggies from their deli section.

I couldn't pass up the roasted brussels sprouts, and they were so cheap I bought an entire pound, thinking I would split them over a few meals. Hah. I love those little tiny cabbage-like things, and somehow managed to polish off all of them over the course of the evening. I'd feel guilty about it, except they're low in calories, and I'm always running a veggie deficit anyway.

Oh, my, what a poor decision that was. Right now, I feel like there's an army of Colon-Gnomes marching through my innards, pressure washing my intestines as they march along. Ugh. This is awful. I'm gonna really regret this in a few more hours, I think.

I have a meeting tonight in the same location. Hmmmm, wonder if the sprouts are still on sale?? They say fiber is good for you, after all.

I hope I don't explode.