Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, April 18, 2005

El Capitan's New Office

Well, amazingly enough, the movers managed to get my new office laid out exactly as I requested, and other than a huge pile of boxes that'll need to get emptied in a somewhat timely manner, the only thing I relly need to do is re-hang my cork boards and get a longer phone cord & network cable. Right now, my phone's about 5 feet away sitting on a chair, and I need to get a 20' network cable so I can route it behind me instead of draping it across my desk and have it running across the floor to the wall jack. $10 says I trip on it before the end of the day.

I've just about got too many things to do in the next 3 weeks. I'd like to say I'd reduce the amount of blogging I do to keep up with it, but I don't blog enough as it is, and if I'm not procrastinating, I'm not happy. So, I'll do the usual slide into home plate just as the ball hits the catcher's glove. I get called 'safe' more often than not.

Dunno if I'll take pictures of the new digs. I'm already straying too far from anonymity as it is. Still, it's a nice office, once you accept the fact that there's no money to be had in the budget for new furniture. I think the two guest chairs I have here are relics from the Eisenhower administration.

Heh. One more funny bit... I really scored in terms of location. Right across the hall from the men's bathroom, 20 feet from the breakroom, 20 feet from the elevators. Great spot! Or so I thought...

Unfortunately, the traffic in & out the security door is driving me nuts, someone's cooking something in the breakroom that smells like Death warmed over, and we're missing the door to the bathroom.

Oh well. Life could be much worse! I could be asking you if you wanted fries with that burger...