Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Broadband Speed

I'm not sure whether to believe this or not...



I went to one of those online broadband speed tester sites, and let it run. According to the site, I'm getting 4093 kilobits per second downstream, and uploads of 354 kbps. I did the test near 8 pm, when people are likely to be online, so it should be a fair representation of the shared load on the cable line.

Well, whether it's accurate or not, I'm still gonna dig out my old 14.4 modem, and hit it with a hammer out of sheer spite for all the downloading I did at prehistoric speeds.

After, of course, I set it next to the cable modem so it'll get a good case of baudrate envy before I kill it. Adding insult to injury is a skill worth practicing!