Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Plagued By the Pig

Recipes and Other Silliness

There's a recipe email chain-letter sort of thing circulating. They'll trade you 30 recipes for one of yours. Seems like a good deal, since we're not actually using real postage stamps. If you haven't gotten it yet, wait a day or so. The Blowneyeds are an incestuous bunch, and we feed on our own contact lists...

I managed to stop myself before sending a ham recipe to Elisson. I was feeling all cocky and righteous until I got the email from Erica saying "Hey! Whatsamotta U wit' dis ham nonsense? We're Joooish up here!!" Actually, she thought it was funny, but I was still mortified.

Then, Sonic goes and gives me bacon burritos this morning. WTF? You cannot replace sausage with bacon in a breakfast burrito. Does. Not. Compute.

I'm still wondering about a question I asked at the BBQ blogmeet, about whether a pot-bellied pig field-dresses out like a feral hog. I know, they're both swine, but what's in that big pot belly? Lard? Chitlins? Marzipan?

People are all the time advertising on Craigslist seeking new owners for their pot-bellied pigs. Apparently they're really cute when they are babies and weigh 12 lbs. When they're full-grown adults, weigh 250 lbs and have eaten your cat? Not so much...

I can't help thinking you could offer to adopt the piggie, then whisk him off to a quick trip to the sausage grinder. I mean, you've got a $50 "adoption fee" versus 120+ pounds of pork loin, spareribs, and sausage! Sounds like a win-win scenario to me.

Anyway, if you got a recipe from me, enjoy and be glad I didn't pull it out of this recipe book!