Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

CHEESEBURGER!!!

Please, Sir! May I Have Another??

I should have taken pictures, just to preserve the blessed experience...

I ate my first cheeseburger in almost 9 months over the weekend.

It was... Glorious...

A college buddy threw a pool party at her place, and her husband fired up the grill for dinner.

No, cheeseburgers aren't really on my meal plan, but when in Rome, eat romaine, or whatever's being served.

I can still taste the thing... Thick Angus patty served right off the grill onto a fresh Mrs. Baird's jumbo bun, with mustard, onions, pickles, ripe 'maters and a gooey slice of melted cheddar.

I relished every single bite, even though I was being given the Eyes of Pleading from their dogs. Usually I'm a soft touch, but this time the mutts didn't get a morsel. It was all mine!

It took a major act of will not to eat a second one, and I'm glad I didn't. It would have just cheapened the memory of that first heavenly mouthful...