Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Race Day!!

800+ Left Hand Turns @ 200 MPH!

Howdy, y'all!

It's Race Day at Indy, and once again I'll be parked in front of the tube once again from the time Jim Nabors sings "Back Home Again In Indiana" to the moment the checkered flag comes down after 200 race laps.

Haven't decided who I'm gonna root for this year... It'd be fun to watch Helio Castroneves win his 4th 500, only three others have managed that feat so far. He's sitting on the pole position, but that's no guarantee.

There are 4 women in the race this year. A more enlightened soul might applaud the increasing percentage of women fighting their way into a male-dominated sport with grit, skill and determination. Me? I just think they're all pretty damn hot!

Mmmm... Danica!



I'm getting set to go to the store to pick up a pound or two of jumbo shrimp and some horseradish & lemons to spike the cocktail sauce. Might even have a beer or two. Yeah, that's me, livin' on the edge...