Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, May 28, 2010

A Perfect Evening For Batfishing

Sittin' & Thinkin'. But Mostly Sittin'...

Ever have one of those moments when you suddenly drop what you're doing and head outdoors for no apparent reason?

I was futzing around on the web, looking for hardware to complete my home-built cigar humidor, when I go this sudden urge to go burn a stick and have a beer. I'm so glad I did...

I hauled my camp chair out to the driveway, and poured a Guinness and fired up a Macanudo 1968. Facing west out into the cul de sac, I had a nice view of the last of the setting sun, punctuated by the low rumbles of thunder and flashes of heat lightning over my left shoulder. The bright light of Venus slowly dipped down below the treetops as the local bat population did gyre and gimble in the fading light, snatching up bugs as I sipped my beer and contemplated the evening.

The cigar had a near-perfect draw, the Guinness was cool & foamy, and Muttface, the neighbor's dog, shit in someone else's yard for a change.

All in all, an auspicious start to the holiday weekend!